I consider myself so very blessed to have found someone like your dad to share my life with. I kissed some frogs before I found my prince. But I did learn a lot along the way. Here are some things I have learned that I want to share with you.
1. I don’t want to say this because it hurts me to even think about it-but you probably will experience a heart break in your life. Don’t let it scare you from love. Let it teach you something. Give yourself time to recover and go out and love again.
2. Choose someone who treats you like you are the most important and cherished person.
3. Choose someone who supports your dreams and makes you feel like you can do anything you set your mind to.
4. Choose someone who will hold your hand during the very hard times.
5. Choose someone who makes you laugh and gets your jokes. Laughter can ease many things.
6. Choose someone who speaks to you kindly and who cherishes your heart. Someone who doesn’t try to hurt you and will want to protect you from hurt. Choose someone who isn’t afraid to say they’re sorry and who is forgiving too. These things are quite important.
7. Choose someone who is your best friend. Someone you love spending time with, and talking to. Someone you can be your most true self with. Someone you feel safe enough with to bare your soul.
I had #1 happen a few times – I got hurt -but I never gave up on love. And then your dad and I found each other and he was numbers 2-7.
Love is the only thing that matters in this life. The world tries to tell you different but Love is the truth. I hope you find it with a loving partner – and in all other aspects of your life.
Remember you deserve to be loved and accept no less.
I Love you ,